Book Coaching Services for Romance Writers
A book coaching package with me is designed to help you set and meet your writing goals, answer your questions about writing and publishing, and help you build your writing skills and your confidence. Together we will identify the things that are blocking your progress, build your writing skills, and help you prioritize your writing so you can meet your goals.
My goals are simple.
I want you to feel empowered and confident in your writing skills and your identity as a writer.
I want to be that friend that gushes over your character’s love story while also asking the tough questions to help you fill any plot holes they could trip in.
Coffee Date Coaching Session — $200 — 1 hourLooking for help with your novel idea or current work in progress but not ready to commit to long-term relationship? No problem! Let’s have a coffee date coaching session to try this coaching thing out and see if we gel. You’ll receive an in-depth questionnaire to complete before our call to help me understand where you need help, then we will hop on Google Meet for an hour to talk through the issues you’re having, brainstorm ideas to help you overcome them, and find answers to your most pressing questions. I’ll follow-up via email with resources and suggested next steps to help you make progress toward your writing goals.
Mapping Your Meet Cute — $1000 — 8 weeksWe’ll work together to nail down your story’s premise and use a variety of assignments, tools, and discussions to map out:
- why you’re writing this particular story and what you hope your reader will get from it,
- who your ideal reader is and what romance subgenre your novel fits into,
- who your love interests are and what their individual character arcs look like, and
- what key scenes and plot points need to happen to make the story work.
- Weekly writing assignments and feedback to help you understand your book idea and plan it out in a way that works for you.
- Four 45-minute coaching calls to chat through the exercises, feedback, and the ideas they generate.
Going Steady 1:1 Coaching — $2400 — 12 weeksWhether you’re writing your first draft, revising, or stuck somewhere in the middle of writing, one-to-one coaching can give you an incredible boost towards your writing goals. As your book coach, I’ll give you individualized advice, resources, deadlines, and feedback on your writing to help you identify and overcome whatever is blocking your progress. I’ll give you tools to help you prioritize writing in your everyday life, develop your writing skills, and ditch the guilt or shame that is so often heaped on women for enjoying and creating kissing books. Each month you’ll get:
- Two deadlines to submit up to 20 pages of your writing for developmental-level feedback, including comments and notes right on your pages. These submissions will be a mix of new scenes, revised scenes, and assignments/worksheets.
- Two 40-minute coaching calls to chat through story problems or writing woes, and to set goals.
- Unlimited email and What’s App support for questions, encouragement, and resources.
Preparing to Propose — $500 — 4 weeksPitching your manuscript to literary agents is the first step toward being traditionally published. I’ll help you prepare for your pitch package so your proposals to literary agents make great first impressions. You’ll get:
- A 30-minute coaching call to chat about your manuscript, your publishing goals, and what you’re looking for in an agent.
- Guidelines for writing your query letter, synopsis, and logline.
- Three rounds of developmental-level feedback on your query letter, synopsis, and logline.
- Tips and recommendations for finding and selecting literary agents.
- Unlimited email support for questions and concerns while we work through the documents.
Manuscript Evaluation — $1000 to $1400 — 2 to 4 weeksDo you already have a solid draft but you’re not sure how to revise it? In a manuscript evaluation, I’ll give you an assessment of the manuscript’s strengths and weaknesses and how it fits into your chosen romance subgenre. I’ll use my training and experience as a reader, editor, and book coach to give you an assessment of the elements of story like theme, plot, characters, dialogue, pacing, tension, and setting. You’ll get:
- An editorial letter (up to 10 pages) with notes on what’s working, what’s not working, and clear next steps for revising the manuscript from good to great.
- A 45-minute coaching call to chat about the feedback and create your revision plan.