These posts are helpful for me to wrap my head around what I did in the previous month. Are they interesting to you? What do you enjoy about seeing wrap up posts?
August was a busy month on trishajennreads. I spent a lot of time blogging and I’m pretty happy with the content I’ve been able to share with you.
In case you missed it
Lots of fun book reviews popped up this month.
- Leah on the Offbeat – the rad follow up to last year’s Simon Vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda, about a bi-sexual teen girl and the changes that come with senior year
- Sadie – an AMAZING new thriller (out September 4!)by a Canadian author and written in the style of a true crime podcast
- Gloria’s Guy – a hilarious romantic comedy and a play that I would love to see staged
- The Day that A Ran Away – cute picture books are my weakness
- From Twinkle With Love – an adorable new novel by the author of When Dimple Met Rishi, about an aspiring filmmaker who happens to be an Indian-American teenage girl
- Small Town Rumours – A kinda cute romance about a woman who returns to her small Texas town that runs on gossip
- Rhett & Link’s Book of Mythicality: Field Guide to Curiosity, Creativity, and Tomfoolery – YouTube stars wrote a book…and it’s hilarious
As usual, I also participated in my usual memes:
The most significant post on trishajennreads in August was a very personal post.
In May, I shared the exciting news of my pregnancy with you. And last week, I shared that my pregnancy ended in stillbirth.
Music has been helping me through this journey. I shared some of the songs that I’m listening to on repeat in a post called Earbuds: Songs that have been inspiring me lately.
What was in my August 2018 book haul?
I participated in a little retail therapy in August…
- Giant Days by John Allison
- Lumberjanes by Shannon Watters
- Lumberjanes Bonus Tracks by Holly Black
- The Bookshop of Yesterdays by Amy Meyerson (Review to come Sept. 10)
- Rhett & Link’s Book of Mythicality: Field Guide to Curiosity, Creativity, and Tomfoolery by Rhett McLaughlin and Link Neal (Review)
- Starfall (Starflight #2) by Melissa Landers
And I received a few books from some generous folk too
- The Day that A Ran Away by B.C.R. Fegan (Review)
- The Clockmaker’s Daughter by Kate Morton (Review to come Sept. 7)
- Peewee the Lonely Kiwi Finds a New Friend by Blair Cooper and Cheryl Smith (Review to come Sept. 21)
What did I read in August?
I read a lot of books this month – 14 finished in total. And it’s all thanks to Bout of Books 23 (and graphic novels…). Take a look at the Bout of Books tag to see all my posts about the read-a-thon. I read all of the books I received, plus a couple of books that were already on my shelf. I admit, I get caught up by the shiny new books and let the TBR fall to the wayside…
I’ve caught up on my Goodreads goal! I’ve read 66 books this year toward my goal of 100 books in 2018. I’m back on track and might just make it. If I do, I may make next year’s goal much smaller so I don’t have the stress of trying to reach it…something to think about.
Do you set a reading goal for the year?