It’s a new year! But I haven’t yet forgotten about 2017. I read some great books. And a lot of those books were by new-to-me authors.
My Favourite New-to-Me Authors that I Read in 2017
1. Becky Albertalli – She wrote The Upside of Unrequited & Simon Vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda, both of which I read and loved in 2017.
2. Audrey Coulthurst – She wrote Of Fire and Stars which is a rad YA Fantasy about two princesses who fall in love with someone very unexpected.
3. Jennifer Matheiu – Moxie is definitely one of my favourite reads of 2017 and a book I will read again and again.
4. Ben Costa – At first glance, I didn’t think I’d like Rickety Stitch and the Gelatinous Goo: The Road to Epoli, but I was very pleasantly surprised by Ben’s humour and the wonderful layers in this graphic novel. I can’t wait to read the next one.
5. Angie Thomas – How can this woman not be on this list? If you haven’t read The Hate U Give, go read it right now.
6. Sandhya Menon – When Dimple Met Rishi is such a sweet, funny, wonderful story. I absolutely loved Sandhya’s writing.
7. Sally Thorne – I’ve already read The Hating Game twice…and I’m going to read it again next week.
It’s interesting that six of these seven authors are women. Apparently, I tend to read a lot of women. I’m perfectly okay with this.
Who are your top ten new-to-you authors that you read in 2017?
Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.