Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s prompt is: Top Ten Book Boyfriends/Girlfriends (Which characters do you have crushes on?)
I’m not a huge book boyfriend/girlfriend person. I like to swoon over relationships while I read about them, but I don’t tend to swoon much after I’ve finished the book. But, there are some book boyfriends/girlfriends who I really enjoyed getting to know. So, here they are:
1. Park from Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
He is so sweet. It all starts out with him sharing his comic books with the girl sitting next to him on the bus (once he realizes she’s been reading over his shoulder for weeks).
2. Joshua Templeman from The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
Not to spoil anything if you haven’t read this one yet, but oh my goodness it is so wonderful and despite first impressions, Joshua Templeman is a dreamboat sweetheart!
3. Levi from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
He’s totally okay with random dance parties, and listening to you read your favourite book to him. How can you not love him?
4. Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
Again, he’s sweet. I think I have a type.
5. Simon Spier from Simon VS the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
Once again, super sweet and a little shy. Simon is kind. And funny.
6. Reid from The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Abertalli
And again, he’s super sweet. He’s confident in who he is and he loves his girl for who she is. He’s quirky, and funny, and a little nerdy. How can you not love Reid?
7. & 8. Celia and Marco from The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
They spend years creating elaborate gifts for each other. And they choose the other person over themselves. I love them so much.
9. Rafe from The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson
He lets himself be taken captive in an attempt to save the woman he loves.
Who are your favourite book boyfriends/girlfriends?