My January 2017 book haul includes
- Lumberjanes Volume 1: Beware the Holy Kitty
- Lumberjanes Volume 2: Friendship to the Max
- Lumberjanes Volume 3: A Terrible Plan
- Lumberjanes Volume 4: Out of Time
- A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline
What did I read in January?
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer
- Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
- The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald
I have no self control.
I have no self control. I saw the Lumberjanes books at Costco, piled in a the middle of the a table, stacked together, all mixed up…and I had to buy them. They were only ten dollars each – about half of the cover price. I’ve been wanting to read them for ages and never see them in shops. I’d told myself I was going to not buy so many books this year…And yet…when I seem for such a good price…I can’t not buy them, right? Right!?
I have limitations.
Another thing I learned this month, is that I am limited in how many books I can read at once. I’d never tried to read more than one or two at a time. And this month I tried reading many more than that, all at the same time. I didn’t work. You can read about there here.
I opened an Etsy shop!
The most exciting thing this month, among all the stress of getting back into work after holidays and all the busyness of life, was opening my long awaited Etsy shop. I’ve called it Noveletta Avenue (come back on Monday to read about how I chose that name!). Currently, my stock is all book-inspired earrings. Sherlock, Watson, Elizabeth and Jane Bennet, Hogwarts house colours. They are so fun! I made my first sale 6 days in! I was prepared to wait for months to sell something. If you or someone you know wears earrings, please take a look and see if any of my creations catch your fancy.
What did you read and do in January?